On Going Needs for local families:
- Publix gift cards ($10.00 and up)
- Walmart gift cards ($10.00 and up)
- Gas gift cards ($10.00 and up)
- One week bus passes for Lynx
- Bottled water
- Canned food
- Shampoo/conditioner/soap (all sizes)
- Any personal care products for men and women
- Gently used or new shoes (all sizes and both genders)
- Towels, wash clothes and linens
Here are some ideas for you, your group, school, business, or church to raise awareness and donations for One Heart for Women and Children. Here are a few ideas others have tried with much success. If you have any other FUNdraising ideas we would love to hear them please email them to email@example.com
On your own or on your personal time
- Car Wash- Find a local business or strip mall in a high traffic area to wash cars with a suggested donation of $5 and donate the proceeds.
- Community Garage Sale- Get together with you neighbors, friends, coworkers or church and have a community or group garage sale and donate the proceeds.
- Birthday Pledge- Tell your loved ones that instead of receiving gifts on your birthday to make a donations payable to One Heart.
- Change Jar- Keep a change jar on your desk, by the front door at home, in the car collect and save your loose change to donate.
At Work, School, Church, or in your Networking Groups
- Skip a Meal- Instead of going out to eat you bring your lunch and donate the money you would have spent.
- Go Casual- Buy a jeans day at work or school and donate proceeds,
- Canned Food/Toy/ Personal Hygiene Item Drive- Get a box and place it in the break room or lobby at work, or ask a local business to place your box in their lobby to collect items and donate them to One Heart.
- “ONE at a time” – Ask people in your school, community or at work to donate 1 bag with the following items from their homes: 1 can of food, 1 pair of socks, $1.00, 1 towel and 1 piece of clothing. These items can all be found in the house and requires little to coordinate.